Tuesday 29 October 2013

Let your light Shine!

The Listener magazine caught my eye today. On the cover is a photograph of Eleanor Catton. She's just won the Man Booker prize for her second book, The Luminaries. She's only 27 years old!
I came away from the shop feeling past it; over the hill; on the shelf.

At home I read Psalm 47 :4
"He chose our inheritance for us
The pride of Jacob, whom he loved."

or as the Message translation puts it:

"He sets us at the head of the line,
prize-winning Jacob, his favourite."

I felt better after reading that. Earthly accolades will fade away. I wouldn't say no to some along the way, but I sense God is saying to me, as he said to Elijah in 1Kings 19,
"What are you doing here?"
My answer has little to do with collecting prizes and everything to do with becoming the person God created me to be.
And it occurs to me that, when we are united with Christ, we are all luminaries.



1 comment:

  1. And it occurs to me that, when we are united with Christ, we are all luminaries. - I love that Sue, love it, love it, love it xxxx

    ReplyDelete